The Met Eye wind strength forecast for Sunday exceeds the CYAA 20 knot limit. There are conflicting stories from the various forecast sites. We’re in communication with RMYS on the subject. We’ll be making a race/no race call on Saturday pm.
Now on with the show and don’t forget to Vote for the Yvonne as the best Classic Boat Magazine restoration under 40 ft for 2023. Details in the notes.
Scroll down for the pre-race notes, for info about the Classic Race 6 Feb 4 on Port Phillip and some recent CYAA news, plus some archival with done for the Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron.
Here’s the fast link to the Race 6 entries and allocated handicaps.
The notes cover these items:
- Our 2023/2024 Summer Series on Port Phillip continues. Race six Feb 4. This Sunday
- Course descriptions
- Support people call out
Acrospire III a race six feature
- RMYS and St. Kilda Pier access on February 4
- Other Feb 4 on water events
- 2023 Cock of the Bay
- 2024 Festival of Sails
- 2024 Geelong Wooden Boat Festival 9th to 11th March
- The pipes by David McKenzie to open the festival.
- CYAA presentation booth
- Zephyr story presentation by Ferdi Darley
- Roama dinghy at the festival.
- Vote for Yvonne
- CYAA archival activity
For now that’s the current CYAA news…
Regards to all
CYAA (Vic) Handicapper